Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mechanics of the Metaphysical

Mysteries take a lot of my processor time, that is the processor inside my skull. What was the molecular or electrochemical process that began life? I believe the Creator actuated the process but I am curious about the mechanics, the dynamics. What is the nature of the soul? Does it exist in the brain?I imagine an ethereal, ghostly entity that lives after we shed our earthly mantle; it is the essence of our being, evil and good. (We all are a mixture of evil and good.)

What changes occur in the brain to forge our personalities? Why am I a phlegmatic/melancholy mixture with a penchant for depression and night terrors while my wife is of a sanguine nature. Another mystery: how does she put up with me? 

I was mildly shocked to hear a friend say that he did not care for music. I thought that everyone loved some kind of music. Grieg's Piano Concerto #1   and symphonies by Sibelius and Bach and Mozart  play in my head as well as jazz by Miles Davis and John Coltrane. Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, the Beattles, Fleetwood Mac and many other songs spontaneously (but not simultaneously) play. At this moment the music is from my satellite radio subscription playing through my computer's sound system. (Sullivan's overture ot the Mikado). Why is music an integral part of my life? (While talking to someone Mozart may be playing in my head.)

While my brain swirls with metaphysical and physical phenomenon and music I forget where I laid my truck keys or I panic because my wallet is not to be found. I forget medical appointments unless reminded by the office of the doctor or dentist. Did I take my pill or did I not? Where is that damned W-2? I can't remember receiving it this year.

It's almost 11 a.m. and I'll be late for my meeting! 

See ya!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment